Pagina's

zondag 1 september 2013

Peaches for Monsieur Le Curé, or Chocolat III

This morning I started reading Peaches for Monsieur Le Curé, the sequel of The Lollipop Shoes, which was the sequel of Chocolat, the wonderful novel by Joanne Harris that first caught my attention with Johnny Depp's deep brown eyes. Just as the previous 2 novels, the 'voice' of Vianne Rocher immediately trapped me in her world. All of a sudden I'm not in my tiny room in the Netherlands, but I find myself in a small (fictional) town called Lansquenet in Southern France.
Even though I'm only about 50 pages in, this book is one I would recommend any romantic soul. The whole feel of this book is so cute that I simply can't put it down anymore - only for making more tea. I wish I had a better word for this than 'cute' or 'romantic'. I'm sure there is, but as of now I'm in weekend-mode so don't you give me that look ;)

A few weeks ago I wrote about my Summer Bore, and how I planned on curing that bore with books and friends. I wish I had started reading this book before instead of right at the end of summer. It makes me want to put up a hammock and eat lots of fruit while lying in it listening to birds...

So here's my shout out to you: get this book, settle down with a nice big mug of tea and don't leave your chair for at least another hour. Relaxation guaranteed.

Lots of love,
- KoKo
doesn't KoKo sound better than MP?

Oh, and if the book doesn't have the warm story I'm expecting, I'll be the first to tell you just how wrong I was.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten