Pagina's

woensdag 25 september 2013

DIY: Autumn essential


What's more comfortable during your morning class than a hot cup of coffee? Right, not much. Maby some tea or hot chocolate. The thing is, being a student and all, I don't really have an endless amount of money to buy coffee every day. And usually I'm late anyway so I don't have time to get in line at the coffee corner.



To fix that problem I've been searching the internet for a cool travel mug. At thinkgeek.com I found some awesome dr. Who mugs. But they were actually a bit above budget, since I had to pay quite a lot for shipping. And for that money I could buy myself a semester worth of coffee.

Today I found a super simple travel mug for only €2.95 and decided to transform it into a TARDIS mug myself! Check the entire process below!


First of all: your supply list
 - A travel mug
- One ruler
- Black felt tip markers
- An old atlas 
- Tardis blue paper
- Some white paper
- Scotch tape
- Scissors
- Something to cover the table with


 

The mug I got today had a really boring cappuchino background. So I took apart the mug, removed the old decoration and put aside the black parts.


 After that I took a page of the atlas and wrapped it around the transparent part of the mug. I marked the bottom of the paper and cut out half a circle. This allows the paper to fit in the mug at the bottom.

I put the background insider the mug the way I wanted it and marked the top (see the black line) and cut off the paper that didn't fit inside the mug. After that I put it back in and used tape to secure it on the inside.

 Tardis time! I decided I wanted a really simple tardis on this mug. The shape was cut out of thin blue paper and I used a ruler to get perfectly straight lines. I didn't measure all the windows because I didn't want it to become too static.


The tardis needs some windows too, and a flyer on the outside. To glue it on I used spray glue, but you can use anything you like. 



Glue your tardis to the background and put it inside the transparent part of the mug. Re-assemble the mug and you're ready to go!


Have fun with your mug! I would love to see if anyone tried this diy!

Love,
M


Find me at instagram and check out my other blog aboutthebluesky if you want to see or read more!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten