Pagina's

zondag 2 juni 2013

Glasses and Make Up: The Basics

My glasses, I love them! So easy and fun to wear. They suit every outfit (I've got them in dark red and beige) and complement my face.
The part I didn't use to like.. make-up. I felt as if the glasses made every eye look I tried dissapear of just fade. Truth is, they did. Glasses cover your eyes and make them appear more flat, and with less contrast. So I've been looking around for a while, and trying on different looks to regain the depth and contrast in my eyes. And I have found myself a favorite look that is a perfect base for every other look I'm going to try.
Check out the tutorial video below, or read my set of basic rules. 



The basic rules for beautifully combining make up and glasses:

  • When you apply foundation, don't forget your bronzer (for some depth), blush (for highlights) and compact powder (to make it stay). Otherwise the foundation will even out your skin, but also flatten your face.
  • Use a lash curler, this prevents your lashes from tapping on your glasses the entire day
  • Use a light shimmery color on your lid (highlight)
  • A white on the inner corners of your eyes (highlight)
  •  Use a dark color in the crease of your eyelid (depth)
  • Don't forget to groom your brows and color them. They are attention getters (usually they pop out just above your glasses) so take good care!
  • Be easy on the eyeliner. Heavy liner just doesn't go well with glasses.


Keeping these basics in mind I vary the colors to create endless different looks. And really make my eyes stand out!

Have fun,

- M


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten