Pagina's

maandag 13 mei 2013

Day of the mommies & Raspberry cake


Today was Mother’s day and I wanted to bake something special for my mom. I woke up extra early to squeeze some fresh orange juice and bake French toast for her and decided I also wanted to make a cake. It was too bad she woke up earlier than me, so I couldn’t give her breakfast in bed. But then again, I don’t normally get out of bed before lunchtime, so I was pretty proud of myself.

A nice rustique cake, no fuzz.
I came across this Cherry-Limeade Streusel Cake on the food blog Sprinkled with Flour (clicky!). A couple of weeks ago I first made this cake and I loved it.

This time around, I wanted to shake things up a bit and use raspberries and lemon instead. Yes, I am the adventurous type. I used frozen fruits, so I added about a heaped tablespoon of custard powder, so the liquids from the fruit wouldn’t soak my cake. Cherries and raspberries aren’t in season at the moment, but I would’ve used frozen fruit anyway, because I’m a poor student. I thought the lime glaze was a bit unnecessary (and I hate it when a recipe calls for half a lime), so I left it out. I'd recommend baking this in a loaf tin, instead of a brownie tin, which I originally tried. The loaf tin resulted in a much better cake and crumb.

- R






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten