Pagina's

maandag 18 november 2013

DIY: the hipster PDA


Dear craydians,

Did I ever tell you I'm a bit ADD and also a bit OCD, and that it's kind of a crappy combination? Well I think I've found a solution to this problem: I got myself a hipster PDA.



Why? Because first of all, I get really anctious when having my phone/ laptop around all time. I mean, the interwebs! (Can't even count the times I've gotten lost there, while I should be doing more important stuff. ) I think this is a solution because I already tried buying a notebook, or an agenda, to write everything down. But my pages only keep filling, and nothing really gets done. But mostly because this semester I've got way more to do as I'd actually want to, and I need a way to get myself through.


So the Hipster PDA, it seemed such a great and simple idea I had to try it. Basically it's just a stack of cards. No cover, no back. On the front page you write your to do list for the current day. The second card holds your "long term" to do's, and on the back I made a small monthly calendar. Every day you make your to do list, and at the end of the day you should be able to get rid of the card!

I feel better already.


DIY :


The ingredients for a hPDA
Foldback clips will keep your paper together better as regular
paperclips.  I got mine at Flying Tiger for 1 euro.


Optional: 

- An elastic to attatch you pen to the PDA
- colored paper in the same size of your cards to organise different sections

All you do is stack the cards as pictured, add your binder clip to one of the corner aaaaand, you're done. My cards are just blanc a6 (14.8x 10.5cm) postcards, I used these because they won't wrinkle as much when I put the pda in my bag.


If you want you pen to be attatched to the hPDA all the time you can wrap an elastic around it. You can also use colored paper to divide the hPDA in different sections.


How it worked out for me

Having my to do list around in a simple an visible way clears my mind so I can spend the time working on the list instead of wondering wat I had to do.

Being able to get rid of your card really works, this way the tasks you've completed are crossed off and removed. Time for a new slate.

For my chaotic mind: this is a great solution.


Love, M

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten