Pagina's

dinsdag 30 juli 2013

Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Purple Potion

I love nail polish and I own over 40 different colors. I have pretty much every color. Except brown, I hate brown. I'm kind of an addict when it comes to buying new ones, every time I go to a store with a beauty or make-up department, I have to check out the nail polish.

I usually wear Rimmel or Essence. I love Rimmel because the quality is great and they have a lot of fashionable colors. I love Essence because they have so many different colors and their polish is really cheap.


My sister recommended Sally Hanson nail polish to me. When I saw the Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polish on sale for €4, I decided to give it a try. I bought two colors: Purple Potion and Cherry Red. This week I tried on Purple Potion. In the picture it looks really blue, but it's actually purple with a blue shiny hue.

The brush is long and thin, which made it easy to be quite precise. I'm really clumsy when it comes to painting my nails, especially my right hand (I'm right handed), so I liked the thin brush. The polish is really thin, thinner than most of my nail polishes. This made it easy to spread the polish evenly on my nails, without leaving stripes. The only downside is the coverage, I had to use three coats instead of the usual two.


The polish took longer than usual to dry, perhaps because of the extra coat. I painted my nails Saturday and it only started chipping until the next Friday, which I think is really long. Usually my polish starts to chip after 3-5 days. I applied one top coat on Saturday and reapplying a top coat every (other) day might make it even longer lasting.


Overall I'm pretty happy with this polish. It takes longer to apply, but it also lasts longer than my usual polishes. I would recommend it to anyone with a bit of time on their hands.


4/5 stars, would wear again.


-R

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten